tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 11 13:57:21 2000

Re: Raise Your betleH to the Stars.....

jIjatlh:
>>I think the matter in question is whether it makes sense to talk about the
>>"location" of a particular "direction."  A direction does not have a
>>location.  Assuming an infinite plane, you can stand anywhere and north is
>>still north.

jatlh DloraH:
>How is this different from Dung, bIng, Dop, tlhop, 'em, 'et, 'o', poS, nIH?
>
>"You can stand anywhere and.." tlhop is still tlhop, etc.

Quite true!

Let me put it another way.  All of these words, and those like /chan/, etc.,
are "area <specify direction here>."  Thus, /Dung/ "area above."  On the
other hand, /lurgh/ has nothing to do with an area, even when described as
/Hovmey lurgh/.  The question is, can /-Daq/ refer to a direction instead of
an area?

I don't particularly have an answer.  I'm not going to be too confused if
someone uses this.

SuStel
Stardate 528.1

Back to archive top level