tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 11 13:38:55 2000

Re: Deixis and direction

jatlh HomDoq:
> I understand that. I was curious as to what meaning you would assign it,
> if encountered.

Sorry.  I've had to be very, very careful that I'm fully understood
recently.  Just wanted to be sure!

jatlh HomDoq:
> I think I understand. Then would you say the reason {qab QongDaqvo'}
> does not have an obvious meaning is similar/related to the reason
> {QongDaqvo' qab qach} doesn't have an obvious meaning?

Sure, I suppose it's similar.  Semantically, neither makes much sense.  You
might come up with an odd situation in which such utterances might work for
something, but that would be the unusual case.

SuStel
Stardate 528.0

Back to archive top level