tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jul 10 13:26:46 2000

qep'a' SoQmey

qep'a' SochDIch vIjeStaHvIS jIHvaD wej qechmeyvam tIQIj!

1)  Resultative verb compounds
Does Klingon deal with these at all.  If so, how?  If not, how does Klingon
cover the same idea?

Ex:  SuH, 'uSDaj chop!  chev!
        jol yIchu'!  yIruch!

2)  Relative comparison

Q:   First City is 35 miles further from the Qotmagh Region than my home is.
      The second warrior is 1½ 'uj taller than my son is.

3)  Being the "most" of a subset

Q:   He is the third smartest student in the class.
       My daughter has the second most expensive marriage amulet in this
village.

qep'a' SochDIchDaq {mu'mey chu' neHbogh tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI'pu' tetlh}
muchlu''a'?

pa' maghom!

peHruS

Back to archive top level