tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 07 19:11:46 2000

Re: Blood Fever

> > jatlh malqa:
> >
> > > My friend wants to write a story with the title of 'blood fever'
> > > but she wants the title to be written in tlhIngan Hol. I know the
> > > word for blood is 'Iw , but there appears to be no word for
> > > 'fever'. There is a word for ill/ sick which is 'rop' I believe
> > > but I'm don't have TKD in front of me now , so I can't be sure.
> > > My friend came up with the word tuj,which I believe is 'heat'.
> > > I"m not sure even how these two words meaning 'blood fever'
> > > would be put together. Help please as I don't want to tell her
> > > the incorrect thing.

A little clarification is necessary... Does "fever" in this case
have good or bad connotations?  Are you referring to "fever" as a
sickness?  Or are you referring to the aspect that makes the blood
boil?  Klingons have different idioms than humans.  If they had a
disease that caused an increase in blood temperature, there
is no guarantee that they would associate the same things with it
that we do.

I've only skimmed the replies to this, but it seems most have
approached "fever" from a disease perspective.   So I suggest
(and my apologies if this has been suggested already),
/'Iw QeH'a'/ "blood rage".  Or maybe /nongbogh 'Iw/.

--
De'vID