tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jul 08 04:26:34 2000

Re: Blood Fever

I guess I assumed that most folks on the list are aware of the Voyager
episode titled 'Blood Fever', that has the character of Torres *infected*
by the Vulkan Pon Farr courtesy of a Vulkan crewmate.
That is the fan fiction she is writing about and wants the title for.
Lt.Commander Maud Freifelder /Lt.Commander malqa
Chief Security Officer /Chief of Cadet Corps.
USS Triumph NCC-26228/R2/ Starfleet (Triumph Against All Odds)

On Fri, 7 Jul 2000 [email protected] wrote:
> A little clarification is necessary... Does "fever" in this case
> have good or bad connotations?  Are you referring to "fever" as a
> sickness?  Or are you referring to the aspect that makes the blood
> boil?  Klingons have different idioms than humans.  If they had a
> disease that caused an increase in blood temperature, there
> is no guarantee that they would associate the same things with it
> that we do.
>
> I've only skimmed the replies to this, but it seems most have
> approached "fever" from a disease perspective.   So I suggest
> (and my apologies if this has been suggested already),
> /'Iw QeH'a'/ "blood rage".  Or maybe /nongbogh 'Iw/.

Back to archive top level