tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jul 07 18:08:08 2000

Re: KLBC

ja' malqa <[email protected]>:
>My friend wants to write a story with the title of 'blood fever' but she
>wants the title to be written in tlhIngan Hol...
>...Help please as I don't want to tell her the incorrect thing.

You're already dangerously close to doing something incorrect, simply by
agreeing to translate a simple noun phrase without making sure you have
adequate context around it. :-)

If "blood fever" implies illness, something like {roptuj} "sickness-heat"
might be a good thing to use for "fever".  But if it implies something
else, an attempt to translate it literally is likely to fail to get across
the appropriate idea.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level