tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jul 04 22:56:35 2000

Re: Raise Your betleH to the Stars.....

In a message dated 6/28/2000 11:28:04 PM Central Daylight Time,
[email protected] writes:

<< My main problem is that when you say "throw at" in English instead of
 "throw to", I don't get the impression that you're referring to a target.
 It still strikes me as just an indication of direction, and not a
 destination. >>

Furthermore, the Klingon verb {baH} takes the thrown object as its Direct
Object.  The verb does not include the English prepositional concept of "at,
to."

peHruS

Back to archive top level