tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 02 23:53:15 2000

Re: Deixis and direction

> jatlh qe'San:
> > I thought [qang] meant "pour from one thing to another/decant"..
wouldn't
> > that (and this is a question) mean that if a target of the pouring was
> > specified it would be the indirect object of the sentence with the
direct
> > object, if specified, being the liquid..???
>
> Thanks, qe'San.  You've helped me to illustrate one of my points: that our
> understanding of Klingon is going to be inextricably tied in with our
> understanding of English (or whatever your native language happens to be).

Whoops!  I forgot to finish this paragraph!  I meant to say that yours was
the third interpretation of "pour" or /qang/ we've seen so far!  Anyone else
want to prove the point?

SuStel
Stardate 504.5

Back to archive top level