tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jul 02 22:14:34 2000

RE: obtuse question

For a complete list of the current Klingon vocabulary, you need two books by
Dr. Marc Okrand and access to:

/tlh/newwords.html

You probably already have The Klingon Dictionary, though is sounds as if you
may have the first edition. The second edition has an Addendum.

You probably don't have Klingon for the Galactic Traveler. This is a newer
book with lots of useful information about dialects, jargon, words for food,
cooking, weapons, music, dance, and many other specialized areas. The word
list has a few hundred words.

The New Words List cited above gives what we currently know to be all the
words not listed in the two books, or that are somehow subsequently
explained better beyond the context of the books. For example, there are a
couple dozen words that are assymetrically listed in TKD. They exist in
Klingon to English, but are missing in English to Klingon, etc. These are
noted in the New Words List.

And as always, if anyone knows of any words from Okrand not listed in any of
these three sources, please contact me ([email protected]) with the words
AND THE CITATIONS SO I CAN TRACE THE WORDS BACK TO THEIR SOURCE, and I'll
update the New Words List. Any errors you note in the list would also be
helpful.

Thanks.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level