tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 31 14:41:01 2000

Re: *Egypt*ngan Hol vIDelqa'

I feel a need to support SuStel in this. Using
abbreviations may seem cute, but they distract beginners
from really learning to communicate with the language. They
have an artificial "coolness" that is like candy where food
is needed.

In general, I tend to choose to teach by example in this
regard. I don't use abbreviations, typically either in
English or in Klingon. Meanwhile, given the negative
response I've seen to this post, I feel called upon to
speak out in support of SuStel's position so he and
everyone else knows that he is not alone in his belief.

He who would use abbreviations would sleep on a soft bed.

charghwI'

Back to archive top level