tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 30 18:35:28 2000

RE: National Geographic

> in the january issue of National Geographic a photograph
> of to people dressed and made up as Klingons sitting in
> a restaurant and being served food accompanies an article
> about extraterrestial life (the word "Klingon" however
> is not mentioned in the article nor the caption)
>
> who are these two people?

That picture was taken at the Empire Union convention in Detroit MI in the
spring of 99.
Gowron was even there; yes Gowron, Robert was dressed in character.
I have chatted with the two people in the photo at a few conventions.
I will be seeing them again in April and June at conventions.
(these conventions are posted on my links page on my website.)
Unfortunately I am unable to recall their names at this moment.

I saw the article but don't remember if it did mention "Klingon" or not,
I'll take your word on that; but they probably did that to avoid problems
with Paramount.

DloraH
http://www2.rpa.net/~cheesbro

Back to archive top level