tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 30 06:41:17 2000

klingon abbreviations

DloraH wrote:

>  Using abbreviations like rpH make this a little bit more fun.
>  Sure, there will be people that don't know what it means,
>  but there are also english abb that some people don't know.

It may be fun for you, but it's enormously frustrating to me.  I saw the *lj*
someone had used in another post, and wondered what that was supposed to be.
I thought it was a misspelling or a typo, both of which are very rare in this
list.  It didn't even occur to me that it might be an abbreviation, since
they are almost never used in this list.
The more completely a text is written out, the easier it is for anyone to
understand it.
I'm frustrated by the English abbreviations sometimes too.
I vote no on abbreviations.
By the way, saying someone can look in the FAQ is like telling them to go
away and look somewhere else.

lay'tel SIvten

Back to archive top level