tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 29 22:02:50 2000

Re: Fwd: Rare "Secret Arts" book

At 22:04 00-01-29 -0500, qenobIywan wrote:
}I've just won an auction at eBay for "Secret Fighting Arts of the
}Warrior Race". I will be getting it in the mail soon. It is a book about
}"proper" use of the bat'leth. Apparently, there are quite a few sayings
}in it that have been translated into tlhIngan Hol (approved by MO I
}think). Does anyone have this book, and if so, what do you think of it?
}Also, I hope I'm not spamming, but I've attached an email that was sent
}to me about this book. This guy seems to have a few copies to sell. (I
}already paid for mine through eBay, so I won't be buying anything from
}this guy)

Nothing in this book is specifically sanctioned by Marc Okrand.  The book
itself was successfully stopped by Paramount's lawyers (hence its rarity).
The author, HetaQ, is a martial arts teacher who developed the betleH moves
and the fictional back story of the art.  He wrote Klingon text for it,
which charghwI' and I both vetted to make it legal Klingon to the best of
our understanding and in the context of what we knew of Klingon at the time,
late 1996.
Qov 'utlh

Back to archive top level