tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Jan 31 14:22:29 2000

Re: Fwd: Rare "Secret Arts" book

Also, I wrote the forward which appears in pIqaD only. All
the pIqaD in the book is real Klingon, using Lawrence's
font and character mapping. That forward is, so far as I
know, the largest block of published pIqaD that actually
says anything. It was fun doing. May you have fun figuring
it out.

The book was a wonderful project. HetaQ was delightful to
work with, working honorably and respectfully to produce a
fine volume I am proud to have assisted come to fruition.

I understand why things went the way they went, but I
honestly believe the world is worse off for the loss. Of
course, there are quite a few of us hoarding our banned
copies on bookshelves and in safes...

charghwI'

On Sat, 29 Jan 2000 22:01:55 -0800 Qov <[email protected]>
wrote:
> At 22:04 00-01-29 -0500, qenobIywan wrote:
> }I've just won an auction at eBay for "Secret Fighting Arts of the
> }Warrior Race". I will be getting it in the mail soon. It is a book about
> }"proper" use of the bat'leth. Apparently, there are quite a few sayings
> }in it that have been translated into tlhIngan Hol (approved by MO I
> }think). Does anyone have this book, and if so, what do you think of it?
> }Also, I hope I'm not spamming, but I've attached an email that was sent
> }to me about this book. This guy seems to have a few copies to sell. (I
> }already paid for mine through eBay, so I won't be buying anything from
> }this guy)
>
> Nothing in this book is specifically sanctioned by Marc Okrand.  The book
> itself was successfully stopped by Paramount's lawyers (hence its rarity).
> The author, HetaQ, is a martial arts teacher who developed the betleH moves
> and the fictional back story of the art.  He wrote Klingon text for it,
> which charghwI' and I both vetted to make it legal Klingon to the best of
> our understanding and in the context of what we knew of Klingon at the time,
> late 1996.
> Qov 'utlh

Back to archive top level