tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 29 19:04:48 2000

Fwd: Rare "Secret Arts" book

I've just won an auction at eBay for "Secret Fighting Arts of the
Warrior Race". I will be getting it in the mail soon. It is a book about
"proper" use of the bat'leth. Apparently, there are quite a few sayings
in it that have been translated into tlhIngan Hol (approved by MO I
think). Does anyone have this book, and if so, what do you think of it?
Also, I hope I'm not spamming, but I've attached an email that was sent
to me about this book. This guy seems to have a few copies to sell. (I
already paid for mine through eBay, so I won't be buying anything from
this guy)

---

reH taHjaj tlhIngan Hol...

Qapla'

qenobIywan

---
Qapla'

Stardate: 2000.01.28
Klingon Imperial Embassy, Montreal Sector
Klingon Imperial Diplomatic Corps

Greetings!

     We have been informed that you are interested in obtaining a copy of
the extremely rare Paramount-banned book called "Secret Fighting Arts of
the Warrior Race" book; we still have a few available as we obtained our
supply *before* the ban. Also, as we are offering them out of Canada and
the ban was made in the US; that may keep us out of trouble for now... at
least until we can make sure the books are all distributed to good
Klingon homes who will truly appreciate them!

     The book measures 6" x 9", has 176 pages and 250 B&W photos of the
author in traditional Klingon clothing performing the maneuvers. There
are also detailed foot placement charts and numerous Klingon language
proverbs throughout the book.

     We have been told by several people that there are a few copies of
the book circulating at conventions that have been selling for upwards of
$150 to $200, and a copy recently sold on Ebay for over $135. For now,
the price that we are selling our remaining copies for is $40.00 US each;
a bubble pack envelope is an extra $1.00 and shipping to the United
States or overseas will be about $5.00 according to the Post Office, who
weighed the book at around 400 grams. So that comes to a total of $46.00
in US currency.

     Payment can be made either by money order or by personal check made
payable to "Capucine Plourde". If you send a money order, the bank
considers that as the same as cash and I can therefore send out your book
within a day or two of receiving your order. If you send a personal
check; I have to wait for it to clear through the bank, which could take
considerable time. Once it clears, I will send out your book. The third
alternative is to send cash through the mail; we don't generally
recommend this method, but if you do, remember to wrap it up securely in
several sheets of paper in order to "disguise" it and hopefully keep it
safe during its trip through the Postal System. If you are really eager
to receive your book; we recommend sending a US $ money order for the
quickest processing!

     In order to save you the possibility of being charged any Customs or
Duty fees, I will be listing your package as a ³gift² on the small green
Customs form/sticker and write "Happy Birthday!" on the outside of the
package; so donıt be surprised by that aspect of the package. The main
benefit means that it will most likely go through Customs (and into your
hands) much faster and you should end up not paying any Customs or duty
fees, such as we ended up having to do when we received our order of
books here in Montreal!

You should send your order (name, address, check/money order made payable
to "Capucine Plourde") to:

Klingon Imperial Diplomatic Corps
205 Vinet Avenue,
Dorval, Quebec
Canada  H9S 2M5

     I hope that answers all your questions but should you need to ask
anything else, please feel free to drop me an e-mail, just make sure that
³Secret Fighting Arts² is in the subject heading so that I can make sure
to look at it right away. If you do plan on ordering a book; please drop
us an e-mail <[email protected]> so that we can reserve one for you.
Also, feel free to pass on a copy of this message to any Klingon friends
or fellow club members who may also be interested in ordering a copy
before they are all gone.

Klingon Imperial Embassy
Klingon Imperial Diplomatic Corps
The world's largest and most popular Klingon website!

http://www.klingon.org
http://www.delphi.com/KIDC

Back to archive top level