tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 23 11:40:25 2000

Re: Ha'DIbaHmey (was Re: Klingon WOTD: rIHwI' (n))

jatlh ghunchu'wI':

>>lung (dragon)

>Not necessarily a dragon, but certainly
>something lizardlike.

KGT pp. 48-49:

   lung Qu' ("Operation Dragon"; a lung is
   not really a dragon, but that is a close
   approximation)

As for Qa' and Qa'Hom, from what I've heard on this list, it seems
likely that a Qa' is some sort of large rodent, and a Qa'Hom is a
smaller, more pesky variety... just my thoughts...

>Don't forget {vetlh}, {DenIb Qatlh}, {ghargh},
>{qagh}, and {'Iwghargh}, not to mention {yIH}.

Yup, and I almost forgot:

pIpyuS (crab-like thing?)
ghew (bug, cootie)
ghIlab ghew (glob fly)

And am I mistaken, or is <qagh> only used as the name of a completed
dish?
KGT pp. 86-87:

   Perhaps the most representative Klingon
   food... is gagh (or, in Klingon, qagh): serpent
   worms in a thick sauce (called ghevI'). Prior to
   the preparation of this dish....

SuQongtaHvIS, lIchop QongDaq ghewmey 'e' yIchaw'Qo'!

---

reH taHjaj tlhIngan Hol...

Qapla'

qenobIywan