tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Jan 19 21:02:02 2000

Re: titles

 Greetings,
 It is my undestanding that HoD is used as a rank only. If Bob's  ship
CO's rank is Captain then this is appropriate. However, if  he only holds
the POSITION of Captain, as in being the commanding officer of a ship,
then ra'wI' is more appropriate since it means "one who commands". But,
I'm pretty new to all of this so I might be wrong.

Karg

On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 13:11:38 -0500 (EST) [email protected]
(qenobIywan) writes:
> jatlh De'vID:
>
> >In Klingon, the title goes after the name. Thus,
> ><bob HoD> "Captain Bob"
>
> >But how do I say "Bob's captain"? i.e. if my
> >friend Bob served on a ship, and I wanted to
> >refer to his captain whose name I don't know.
>
> How about <HoD'e' toy'bogh bob>? Or better yet: <bob ra'bogh HoD'e'>
> Or
> if Bob has already been mentioned, then just <HoDDaj> might work.
>

> ---
>
> reH taHjaj tlhIngan Hol...
>
> Qapla'
>
> qenobIywan