tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Jan 16 20:29:20 2000

Re: Old subject revistied by a slow newbie

jatlh Qov:
>}>tlhIngan jechDaq be' ro lanlu'DI', ngech 'ang be' Hab.  HIHar.

jatlh Qor:
>}If {mughta'chugh jIH} your reply correctly, then they make themselves look
>}as masculine as possible  deliberatly. Would that be for equality? It seems
>}both {tlhInganloD je tlhInganbe'} have the same chances within the
>}{tlhIngan wo'} and meet most of the same challanges including commanding
>}warriors and fighting and dieing in battle.

jatlh Qov:
> 'ach loD rur neHchugh, qatlh be' ro 'ang?
> Qov 'utlh

<tlhIngan jechDaq be' ro lanlu'DI'> "When one puts on a woman's
torso in a Klingon costume"...

<ngech 'ang be' Hab> "a smooth woman shows cleavage", 'ach
<ngech 'angbe' Hab> "(she) doesn't show cleavage, (she) is smooth"

chaq yajHa' Qor.

(Also, I may be missing something, but does <Hab> mean the same
thing as <beQ> in this context?)

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level