tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 11 15:53:40 2000

RE: limerick attempt: cha' be'nI'pu' / KLBC

jatlh De'vID:

> This is my attempt at a Klingon limerick:
>
> cha' be'nI'pu'
> ==============
>
> veng wa'DIch Dab cha' be'nI'pu',
> reH chaH leghDI' vay', jatlh: 'IHqu'!
> jagh HoHmeH SuvwI''a'
> betleHDaj lo'nISba',
> 'ach loD HoH be'nI'pu' mInDu'.

majQa'. 'eyqu'.

> (btw when and how often does the KLI have contests?
> Is it a different type of poetry each time, so limerick
> this time, haiku next time, etc.?)

It isn't even usually poetry. A few years ago it was the Great Klingon Affix
Contest. The object was to come up with a three word sentence using as many
affixes as possible. The resulting sentence had to be grammatically legal,
but I don't think it had to actually make sense.

Perhaps we should try to convince Lawrence to have a round 2 of the Limerick
competition.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ