tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 11 13:11:26 2000

RE: KLBC English to Hol help

jatlh C. Slenker:

> I am trying to convert the English in Klingon Honor
> Guard game to Hol. One problem is the titles are using
> caps only font, but one problem at a time. I need to
> say transport activated or lift activated.
> How does one say transport as a noun in Hol?
> Below are some of the conversions for level M18B.
> Some of the phrases have been changed to make more
> sense or be more klingon like.
>
> KLINGON HONOR GUARD (KLINGON VERSION)M18B
>
> . . .

You've translated almost all of the words correctly, but it doesn't look
like you have paid any attention at all to Klingon grammar. As such, the
only parts that make sense to a Klingon speaker are the ones where the
English word order happens to match up with the Klingon.

Before trying to translate the game, try a few easier sentences:

I see the targ.
The guard killed the prisoner.
The prisoner escaped.
You cannot see me.