tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Jan 11 08:43:39 2000

RE: ABC's

jatlhlu':
>Does any one know the order of the Klingon alphabet?

jang DloraH:
>HEY, you could look in the front of the dictionary !
>(You do have one don't you?)

yajchu'be' Qor:
>Pgs 13-16? That is all I see of the alphabet as it were in the TKD. A brief
>explanation of the sounds using English letters to symbolize them.

ghobe'. Just before the Klingon-English word list. The order, IIRC, is:

a, b, ch, D, e, gh, H, I, j, l, m, n, ng, o, p, q, Q, r, S, t, tlh, u, v, w,
y, '

jatlh je DloraH:
>The order we place the words in is to help us look up the words, that's why
>it matches english so closely.
>We do not have a klingon alphabet.
>We just have the phonetics placed in an order which we are familiar with
for
>the purpose of searching.

Did Okrand say that, or is that just your assumption? If the case is the
latter, jIQoch.

- DujHoD

Perhaps the old order

k l i ng o n . . . using the newer letters

 00  and Z will have to be replaced some how.

Back to archive top level