tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Jan 07 08:39:45 2000

RE: Dictionary

mu'tay' ngaS *Access. tutmey ngaS mu'ghom qawHaq:

Id - Autonumber
word - text roman version of pIqaD
definition - text (255 characters is more than sufficient)
part of speech - text lookup with these values (v; n; name; adv; num; vp;
vs1; vs2; vs3; vs4; vs5; vs6; vs7; vs8; vs9; vsr; ns1; ns2; ns3; ns4; ns5;
pro; excl; conj; ques; nums)
source - text lookup with these values (TKW; PK; CK; TKD; KGT; MSN; KCD;
BOP)
psuedo sort - text I use replacement letters for multi-letter and special
pIqaD letters (c=ch, g=gh, n1=n, n2=ng, q1=q, q2=Q, t1=t, t2=tlh, z=')
mapped spelling - text I use the KLI's font for display, so I added this
field. It has some special replacements due to the font's definition.
(X=tlh, F=ng, C=ch, G=gh, K=q)
treat as singular - yes/no
verb of speaking - yes/no
notes - memo I include any special comments from MO or other prominent
Klingon speakers such as usage and other meanings, example sentences, etc.

btw, I also added quite a bit of clever (IMHO) code to make it a breeze to
type in the word, pseudo sort, and mapped spelling fields on my entry form.
I only have to type using the KLI's font mapping and I get the proper word.
For instance, if I type an 'x', 'tlh' is placed as the next 'letter' in the
word field. You get the idea.

Sorting is done through the psuedo sort column and reporting is done through
a set of queries based on part of speech. (noun list, name list, verb list,
etc.). I have recently emptied the database and started from scratch to
reinforce my vocabulary skills.

SaQaH 'e' vItul.

Say'IluD
vIt, batlh, yIn