tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Jan 06 17:11:23 2000

RE: KLBC: tlhIngan "messagebox"

jIjatlh:
> nuqneH? *Andeen juH DarI'ta'.
> wab DaQoyDI' QIn yIqon, 'ej bIpotlhchugh qarI'qa'.

jang reghIyna':
> mu' "rI'" vISovbe. "call" 'oH 'a'?

You'll find <rI'> in the TKD appendix, defined as "hail", which seems to me
to be the twenty fourth century equivalent of a telephone call.

> 'ej "qarI'qa'"Daq
> "Suffix" "qa'"  vIyajbe' je'.

<je> - no <'>. It's a common mistake. There is also a word for suffix -
<mojaq>. In the English-Klingon side, it's spelled <mojaQ>.

I used <-qa'> to mean "I will resume hailing you", or "I will call you
back". This may not be accurate - I may have never called you in the first
place - but it seems good enough to me.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ