tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 01 12:56:15 2000

Re: KLBC: calculate in Klingon

>Why {*tI*chel}, not {yIchel}?  324.56 is a single number.

3+4=7 : you have three apples, you add four more apples...
If we wrote "three apples" it would be treated as plural and one would have
to use tI-.  If we drop the unnecessary noun "apple", would we still treat
it as plural or does it become a grammatical singular?

>: jIQochbe'. Except I would just put the numerals instead of writing out
>: the numbers:  9288.3logh 324.56 tIchel.
>
> And I certainly agree
>that writing numerals is easier than words.

It doesn't matter if we spell out the words or use the number symbols, we
are only representing the "spoken" klingon language.

DloraH

Back to archive top level