tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 01 15:30:25 2000

Re: KLBC: calculate in Klingon

jatlh Voragh:
>Why {*tI*chel}, not {yIchel}?  324.56 is a single number.

jang DloraH:
>3+4=7 : you have three apples, you add four more apples...
>If we wrote "three apples" it would be treated as plural and one would have
>to use tI-.  If we drop the unnecessary noun "apple", would we still treat
>it as plural or does it become a grammatical singular?

We treat it as plural (e.g., "Three are present."). But do we know for
certain that Klingon works the same way? (There's probably canon on it
somewhere -- maybe even in TKD, but I'm too lazy to go get it. ;-)  )

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level