tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sat Jan 01 02:57:27 2000

online klingon course

what a good idea

>Lesson 1  Basic Sentences
>batleH ghaj yaS  The officer has a bat'leth (sword of honor).

>batleH  =  sword of honor, the large curved sword seen in TV episodes
>(noun)
>ghaj  =  has, possesses, owns (verb)
>yaS  =  officer (noun)

>More words:

>paq  =  book (noun)
>legh  =  sees (verb)
>je'  =  buys, purchases (verb)

>Drill:  Make sentences of three words.  The Subject will always be yaS
>officer in this lesson.
>Qapla'.  I will post another lesson next week.
>peHruS

luq.     mojaQmey je moHaqmey wIlo'Qo' 'e' Dajatlhbe' peHruS
ok. peHruS (you) did not say that we won't use prefixes and suffixes
  <so....>
vaj..... batleHDaj leghnISlaw' yaS
 ---> The officer apparently needs to see his bat'leth
paqlIj ghajlaHbej yaSqoq
 ---> The so-called officer is certainly able to possess your book
yaSwI' je'pu' yaSlI'
 ---> your officer bought my officer (PAYOFF!!!....BRIBE!!!)
heeheehee---ok it probably doesn't mean that but isn't it funny anyway
     chavta'ngav

Back to archive top level