tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 24 16:07:37 2000

KLIC - RE: qaStaH'a'?

jatlh DujHoD

> jatlh Qov:
> >charghwI', charwI', chaghwI'.
> >=Um, that bit's untranslatable unless I say "Will, swill, nil."
>
> qarbe'; mughlaHchu' vay'. "Conqueror, slimy one, dropper" mughlu'.
>
> On the contrary, it's quite translatable. It means, "Conqueror, slimy one,
> dropper."

lughbe'.  mughlaHlaw'pu' vay', 'ach mughlu'chu'be'.  mu'mey neH
mughlu'chugh, qech mughbe'lu'.  qun mughlu'be'.  mughlu'DI' charghwI' tIch
neH.  maghwI' ghaH mughwI''e'.

=Not right.  Someone seems to have translated it, but it hasn't been
completely translated.  If only the words are translated, the idea is not
translated. The history is not translated.  When it is translated it merely
insults charghwI'.  Traduttore traditore.

Back to archive top level