tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 24 15:11:13 2000

RE: KLBC: grammar check

jatlh Angela:

> Hello, help me see if I got this right (i am communicating in a
> game with a non-Klingon speaker, but writing my messages in both
> language as practice)

> jIcheghta'.
> I have returned.

maj.

> vIquvmoHmeH tuqlIj,
> In order that I honor your house,

Sentence order: object-verb-subject. <tuqlIj vIquvmoHmeH>.

> muvwI' HIchaw'.
> allow me to join.

Klingon doesn't really have infinitives ("to join") like English or Spanish.
Instead, you have to say this a bit differently. Klingon has a special
pronoun - <'e'> - that stands in for the previous sentence:

vImuv 'e' yIchaw' - Permit that I join it [your house].

See TKD 6.2.5 for more on <'e'>.

pagh
Beginners' Grammarian

tlhIngan Hol Mailing List FAQ