tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 24 10:01:22 2000

Re: KLBC muDpIn

jatlh pagh:
> There's generally not a good way to talk about "tickets" in Klingon - I
> know; I've tried. The best thing you can do is to describe them:
>
> ghe'naQ vaS 'elmeH vay', nav mach SuqnIS 'ej DIlnIS. ghe'naQ vaS lojmItDaq,
> 'avwI'vaD 'elmeH nav nobchugh, vaj 'el 'e' chaw' 'avwI'.

I'm a little confused...

at least in the E-K side of TKD chaw' is also a noun "permit".
'elmeH chaw' seems quite sufficient to me.
all the details about what it's made of, how big it is,
what is done with it when you use it, are quite unimportant.

you may need to state it is good for only one event, though

                                           Marc Ruehlaender
                                           aka HomDoq
                                           [email protected]

Back to archive top level