tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 24 07:39:04 2000

RE: KLBG: Corpses

> HemeyDaq DIta' lommey bu'pu''e' QeHmoHchu''ta' Da'Hompu'.
> Word for Word translation:  The streets are littered with the
> corpses of sergeant who pissed off their Lance Corporals.
> I used the diminuative -Hom with Corporal, because my rank is
> E-3, or Lance Corporal, just one rank down from Corporal.  I am also
> confused a bit about the order of the wording.  With the
Object-Verb-Subject
> arrangement, do I keep the prepesitional phrase "who angered their lance
> corporals"word for word or arrange that to "whose lance corporals they
angered"?
>  And then should that phrase, in what ever arrangement, be placed with
> sergeants, or after the sentence?  Or is it just best all around to
> seperate them in to 2 seperate sentences?  Thus:
> bu'pu''e' lommey DIta' HemeyDaq.  Da'Hompu' QeHmoHchu''ta' chaH.
> qar'a'?
>
> -veS joH

I was close to sending this in Klingon. So very close. But time restraints
and the such. Just wanted to make sure my body wasn't one of those
Sergeant's bodies littering the streets. Well?

	-Guan

Sgt Banks, Christopher J
Network Management, CNSD
Camp Pendleton, CA