tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Feb 23 17:23:46 2000

KLBG: Corpses

HemeyDaq DIta' lommey bu'pu''e' QeHmoHchu''ta' Da'Hompu'.
Word for Word translation:  The streets are littered with the corpses of
sergeant who pissed off their Lance Corporals.
I used the diminuative -Hom with Corporal, because my rank is E-3, or Lance
Corporal, just one rank down from Corporal.  I am also confused a bit about
the order of the wording.  With the Object-Verb-Subject arrangement, do I
keep the prepesitional phrase "who angered their lance corporals"word for
word or arrange that to "whose lance corporals they angered"?  And then
should that phrase, in what ever arrangement, be placed with sergeants, or
after the sentence?  Or is it just best all around to seperate them in to 2
seperate sentences?  Thus:
bu'pu''e' lommey DIta' HemeyDaq.  Da'Hompu' QeHmoHchu''ta' chaH.
qar'a'?

-veS joH

Back to archive top level