tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 22 15:05:31 2000

Re: mu' qID subgenres

jatlh qa'ral:
> [...] wordplay in which the Klingon word followed by its
> English translation form a meaningful unit:
>[...]
>Another subgenre (by no means a new discovery) is what I call the
>"antonymous pun":
>[...]
>Any more candidates?

<lam> yIqel.

"(be) dirty" <lam> -> "dirty lamb".  It's meaningful
if you string it together *and* it's an antonym: "Mary had
a little lamb, her fleece was white as snow".

--
De'vID [who admits that this is a complete stretch, but
thought it was fun coming up with it anyway]

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level