tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 22 06:07:45 2000

Re: mu' qID subgenres

ja' qa'ral

>Meditating on De'vID's *von/trap*, I realized that it represents an entire
>subgenre of Okrandian wordplay in which the Klingon word followed by its
>English translation form a meaningful unit:

Given the likelihood of finding wordplay in the lexicon that was never put
into it, I'd say calling it "Okrandian" wordplay is overly optimistic.
It's at least as likely that the wordplay is on the part of the researcher
who finds it.

~mark

Back to archive top level