tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 18 12:38:21 2000

Re: 'Ij and qIm

On Wed, 16 Feb 2000 14:55:14 -0500 (EST)
[email protected] wrote:

> jatlh charghwI':
> > I really hate ST5.
>
> muS Hoch.  "movie"vam QIp law' Hoch QIp puS.
>
> > Gee. I wish we had great scripts like this for the GOOD
> > movies instead of trying to guess what the hell that
> > general was saying when he spread out the map in front of
> > whats-her-name. I STILL think it sounds like "wawa wawa
> > wawa."
>
> wanI'vam vIghovlaHbe'.  "movie"vam pong yIngu'!
> = I don't recognize this scene.  Which movie was this?

Undiscovered Country. Qang HoHlu'. chay' vang Qang puqbe'?
A council of military leaders met with the Chancellor's
daughter who now led them. A few of them barked out nearly
comprehensible speech, then one white-haired, bearded
Klingon spread out a scroll -- likely a map -- on the table
and proceeded to babble something that sounded like a lot
of "w"s and "a"s when she cut him off and everyone
continued the scene as if he had said something that they
understood.

> > charghwI'
>
> --
> De'vID