tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 18 05:03:27 2000

Re: KLBC - wa"DIch jInID (First try)

jatlh HarnIS:
>HarnIS jIH

jatlh *pagh:
>The FAQ has a
>good section on names.

<http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/faq.htm#2.1> 'oH Daq pup.
The precise location is <http://higbee.cots.net/~holtej/klingon/faq.htm#2.1>.

jatlh je HarnIS:
>pIj Satu'

jang *pagh:
><tu'> is "Find, observe, discover, notice", which is not what you are going
>for. Instead, use <bej> - "watch". <pIv Sabej> means "I often watch y'all",
>which seems to capture your meaning fairly well.

What about {qen qabejchoH} or something like {cha' wen qabejchoH}? Would
those work?

DujHoD jIH! qa"welcome", HarnIS. jIHvaD, vIchenmoHmeH tlhIngan Hol
mu'tlheghmey ngeD law' qachmey ngeD puS. ;-)

I am DujHoD! Welcome, HarnIS. For me, Klingon sentences are easier to
construct than buildings are. ;-)

(Although that last sentence was pretty complex. Did I mess up too much,
pagh?)

- DujHoD

Back to archive top level