tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 15 09:35:04 2000

pIqaD = lip movements?

Is it just me, or do the <pIqaD> characters look like lip movements?

(I got the idea while looking at this artwork... the artist mouthed the
song "O Canada", wearing lipstick, and for each change of her lips she
"kissed" the canvas.  I actually figured out what song it was by "reading
the lips".)

Anyways, looking at the pIqaD, it looks like many of the characters
might have been pictures of lip and tongue movements, looking from the
side.  Does anyone know the origin of the pIqaD characters (I know they
were made by a defunct company called Astra for Paramount), I mean
their "real" origin, as in what inspired the original artist to
make those shapes?  Also who mapped the pIqaD to the Okrandian
letters?

--
De'vID

Beam to http://www.StarTrek.com
Now featuring the Star Trek Store and
the official site for Star Trek: Insurrection.

Back to archive top level