tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 10 14:44:11 2000

Re: Canonical Klingon

ja' veS joH:
>ok. Im sick of seeing words on emails that i cannot find in the dictionary,
>in TKG, or in the list provided in the FAQ or where ever it is.  Where can I
>find a compleate and up to date list of ALL tlhIngan Hol words?

The only legitimate place for you to find such a list is wherever you
put it after you've created it yourself. :-)  Going through the lists
in TKD and its addendum, KGT, and the New Words list on the KLI's web
site while copying them down not only gives you what you want, but is
one of the best ways I know of to become familiar with the vocabulary
in its entirety.

Having all the words in one place is worth the effort.  It's worth it
just to avoid the frustration of thinking you have looked everywhere,
but you still can't find a word you *know* has to be there.  Once, it
used to be a small hassle to remember to check the addendum.  But now
that KGT is around and we've even got subsequent vocabulary, there is
the potential for a lot more effort expended to look up even a single
unrecognized word.  If you want a complete and up to date list of ALL
tlhIngan Hol words, nobody is stopping you from making one, and there
are many people actively encouraging you to do so.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level