tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Feb 10 09:07:08 2000

Time concepts/Chang's new lines (Re: KliFlash [Was: Re: tlhIngan Hol pojwI' 2.0])

> Here are two instances of what I mean.  Here is a sentence that I wanted
> to translate for my girlfriend:
> "Cherish your yesterdays; dream your tomorrows; but live your todays."

wa'Hu'meylIj tItIvchu'; wa'leSmeylIj tInab; 'ach
DaHjajmeylIj tIchu'.

Better yet:

wa'Hu'meylIj DavuvmeH yIqaw; wa'leSmeylIj DavuvmeH yInab;
'ach DaHjajmeylIj DavuvmeH yIjeSchu'.

> Leaving aside for the moment that I can't think of a word "to cherish",

Question:

Why would you not use the word - jeS -  in the last part?  It means
participate i.e. experience.

Or could your use - yIn - since the meaning is live?

Cherish, well, enjoy works I suppose

Ken
Kalos / qeyloS

Back to archive top level