tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Feb 07 00:35:08 2000

Re: tlhIngan-Hol Digest 6 Feb 2000 09:00:00 -0000 Issue 1444

Greetings to the Empire!

My question is rather un-Klingon:
Is there a tlhIngan Hol word for "money", "currency" or a specific
Klingon monetary unit?
[insert plea for mercy here ;-) ]
I'm fairly sure I have heard something to that effect quoted in DS9
(House of Quark?), but did not find it in the various dictionaries
TKD, KGT etc.
Would such a currency not be based on the original Klingon counting
system of threes, and threes of threes?

The background is that I am setting up part a live action role
playing game - a Klingon bar, complete with unfriendly service,
friendly battle, betting and rubble on the floor, as "a restaurant
must look like a Klingon warrior's home" {{:-)

Qapla'

taj'IH

Back to archive top level