tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 04 20:56:40 2000

Re: batlh rachwI'

Joel Peter Anderson wrote:

> > >I use it for "nurse".  I know we have *rachwI'* but I don't see how that
> > >indicates anything medical.  *rachwI'* seems like it would be more of the
> > >Florence Nightengale nurse in the times where nurses only comforted people
> > >and doctors did all the work.
>
> nuqjatlh?  bIDoghqu' ...

Hmmm...maybe I didn't go back far enough but I know there was a time when nurses
weren't even permitted to change bandages.  Anyway, my only point was that I
liked the suggestion of *QelHom* for nurse when I first heard it.  MO did say is
was a good suggestion.  Honestly, the post is on the newsgroup.  And really, it
was a good suggestion.  I can't remember who came up with it but it was clever.
I'm a nurse.  It's my opinion.

> I think y'all need to get a better picture of just what Florence
> Nightingale did - (then flush  mu'mey QIpqu' like "the times where nurses
> only comforted people" [yah, like "giving comfort" isn't work])

No, I don't consider "giving comfort" to be work.  It's the best, most fulfilling
aspect of my job.  And even if it comfort "was" the only thing nurses do, it
certainly would not be stupid or silly.

QInteS

Back to archive top level