tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Feb 04 14:25:05 2000

Re: jIrop

At 03:06 PM 02/04/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>jatlh SuSvaj:
>
>> >tlhov pagh:
>> >QelHom DapoQ'a' jupwI'?
>>
>> toH, nuq 'oH "QelHom"'e'?  "intern" 'oH'a'?
>
>I use it for "nurse".  I know we have *rachwI'* but I don't see how that
>indicates anything medical.  *rachwI'* seems like it would be more of the
>Florence Nightengale nurse in the times where nurses only comforted people
>and doctors did all the work.

I don't get that at all.  I can't imagine the Florence Nightengale image
applying to anything Klingon.  "rach" means to upgrade, or improve, so
"rachwI'" is the individual that does the improveing, the person who does
the actual hands on work.  In any case, to avoid confusion, I would suggest
that we use the words we're given.

SuSvaj

Though comforting people is the most
>important aspect of my job, I also provide ALL the medical care for my
>patients except surgery.  *QelHom* could certainy also mean intern or
>physician's assistant but I'm using it as nurse.
>
>bIrop'a'?  QelHomlI' jIH je.  :)
>
>QInteS
>
>> SuSvaj

Back to archive top level