tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Feb 01 07:36:51 2000

Klimerick of the Week (Pt. 3)

Fine, so no one could find any fault with my last klimerick.  Except for
ghunchu'wI', who seems to feel my verses transcend the constraints of
grammar.  Still, I'm hoping that he and others will regain some of their
critical faculties this week.  I'm getting tired of the free ride.  Here's
a new one:

<matlhuHchu'meH qIbmaj wIghatlh 'e'
nIS QI'tomer rojmab> ja' matlh'e'.
<SachmeH Holna'maj vum
jupwI', tera' tej 'um,
DaH ratlhbe'mo' HIvchu'meH latlh He!>

I would never have dared so literal a translation of "no other way," but I
was already working within an *attack* metaphor and thought I might just
get away with "HIvchu'meH He" even though it's not quite a literal *route.*
 Whaddaya think?

qa'ral

Back to archive top level