tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Tue Dec 26 09:17:44 2000

RE: Caribbean-Klingon tale

Note that {-taHDI'} is almost always better stated as {taHvIS}. The {-DI'}
suffix more typically functions as a sort of event trigger. It points to a
specific moment that begins when this verb goes into action. chotIchDI'
qaqIp. That sort of thing. It rarely works with {-taH}. Meanwhile, {-vIS}
REQUIRES {-taH}. It simply indicates that the action tagged with {-taHvIS}
was occurring (with no reference to beginning or ending the action) while
the action of the main verb occurred. I think this fits your meaning better.
The event here is {tu'}, not {yIt}. The latter was a process that was
ongoing at the moment of the event.

> 2- ghungmo' SuvchoH loDHompu', 'ej pe'vIl paw'.
> 3- ngugh ghu' tu' vay', 'ej <<mevyap!>> ja'.

nuqDaq mu'vam Datu'? <<mevyap>> vIngu'be'. loQ vIyaj, 'ach mu' tetlhwIjDaq
vISamlaHbe'.

> 4- HochvaD naH wav ghaH 'e' jang chaH.

lujang. Hmmm. jIyajchu'be'. They answered that he divide the vegetable for
everybody. ?

But who asked? Why answer when nobody asked? Are they making a request?

> 5- naH poSmoH ghaH, 'ej chIm naH ghIq 'e' lutob.

He opened the vegetable, and then THEY proved that it was empty? Huj.

> --ghaHbe'wI'

> http://www.latinmail.com.  Gratuito, latino y en español.

SarrIS

Back to archive top level