tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 22 12:29:07 2000

re: pun?

peHruS:
> What do we call a dog of mixed or dubious species?

"dog" 'oHbe' mut Sar "dog"-qoq'e'.
reH "Canis familiaris" 'oH "dog" mut'e'.

SarrIS:
> For that matter, what do we call "The Fate of Civilized
> Species"?

jIQIplaw'.  tlhaQ'a' chaH?  qID vIghovbe'.

A dog of mixed or dubious *breed* is a mongrel.  Is the suspected pun
something about dog collars?  That's more of a stretch than {tIn} for Stan
Laurel.

"The Fate of Civilized Species" translates as {mut tay' San}.  That means
nothing to me either in written or spoken form.

-- ghunchu'wI' 'utlh

Back to archive top level