tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 22 15:03:51 2000

re: pun?

peHruS:
> What do we call a dog of mixed or dubious species?

ghunchu'wI':
: jIQIplaw'.  tlhaQ'a' chaH?  qID vIghovbe'.
: A dog of mixed or dubious *breed* is a mongrel.  Is the suspected pun
: something about dog collars?

A dog of mixed or dubious species {mut} is also called a "mutt".

SarrIS:
> For that matter, what do we call "The Fate of Civilized Species"?

: "The Fate of Civilized Species" translates as {mut tay' San}. That means
: nothing to me either in written or spoken form.

Even when you yourself translate it {mut tay' San}?  Think "mutation".

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons

Back to archive top level