tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Fri Dec 22 11:17:56 2000

Strangeness at Pocket Books

I just got off the phone with the KLI's new rep at Pocket Books / Simon &
Schuster. Lots of interesting news, some good and some bad. Here we go:

1) Apparently the book THE KLINGON WAY is now listed as "permanently out of
stock." That means they don't have any copies in the warehouse and they
don't plan on printing any more any time soon. This information may be
expanded on a bit when I talk to some other folks at Simon & Schuster on
Tuesday (as you might expect, there aren't a lot of people there on the
Friday afternoon of a holiday weekend). Be prepared for the worst though,
this book may no longer be available.

2) Similarly, it appears that the Macintosh version of the KLINGON CD-ROM
is no longer being made available. Again, I hope to have more complete
information next week, but this item isn't even showing up in their
in-house catalogs today.

3) Finally, on a positive note, the PC version of the KLINGON CD-ROM
appears to have undergone a *huge* price restructuring. The sale prices
that some folks have reported on this list of $20 or so are in fact the new
suggested retail. This too needs to be verified next week, but if it turns
out to be so, I'll instruct Mark to lower the price on our merchant page
accordingly for all future orders.

I'm sure there are other new and frustrating details to be gleaned from our
new S&S rep when I call back on Tuesday. I'll keep you all posted.

Lawrence

Back to archive top level