tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Thu Dec 21 12:46:18 2000

RE: VOCAB question: to be busy, to retire

De'vID:

> Hi,
>
> I need help with two concepts.  How would I say "to be busy"
> and "to retire"?
>
> For "I'm busy", I think something like {Qu' vIvumlI'} might work.
> Any other ideas?

ghaytan <jIvumlI'> neH jIjatlh.

ghu' nI' vIDelmeH chaq <law' Qu'meywIj 'ej Qatlh> jIjatlh.

> Also, how would I say "to retire"?  I'm using {batlh bup} "to
> quit honorably", and {'utlh moj} "to become an officer emeritus"
> (someone who served the Klingon Defense Force and lived to
> retire).  The context I'm using it in is that of a warrior who
> has won many battles, and is now giving away his sword so he can
> devote the rest of his life to contemplation and to declare
> his love for a woman whom, due to honour, he cannot have while
> he is a warrior.

<'utlh moj> vIparHa'.

be' SaHchu' SuvwI'vam, 'ach bangDaj mojmeH SuvtaH 'e' mevnIS, qar'a'?
tlhInganpu' Daqelbe' 'e' vIpIH: Suv'be'chugh tlhIngan SuvwI', vaj SuvwI'
ghaHbe', 'ej ghaH lubuSHa' HochHom tlhInganpu'. be''e' bang mojmeH tlhIngan
SuvwI', SuvnIStaH.

pagh 'utlh

Back to archive top level