tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Mon Dec 18 14:22:24 2000

Re: VOCAB question: engineering, departments, universities, courses

On Sun, 17 Dec 2000, De'vID wrote:

> One of the things that I plan to do (eventually) is to have a
> web page in Klingon.

Qapla'jaj!!

> I'm stuck for some vocabulary.  HIQaH!
[...]
> "University" - Most likely to be {DuSaQ'a'}.  Is there a way to
> indicate "university" rather than "college"?  (There are several
> other colleges in my city, though they have different names,
> so likely {DuSaQ'a'} is specific enough.)

Most people on this list use {DuSaQ'a'}. You might also consider {'ampaS}
"academy", though that term is used by Klingons to refer to a more
specialized institution; like a military academy, for example.

[...]
> "Course"
> Is there a way to describe a course (i.e. a series of classes,
> tests, etc.)?  I have {paQDI'norgh} for "teachings", so maybe
> {paQDI'norgh tlhegh} might work.

{He'} "path' also makes sense. Thus {He'a'} for Major and {He'Hom} for
Minor.

quljIb

Back to archive top level