tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Sun Dec 17 10:25:27 2000

RE: Klingon WOTD: ghIt (n-body)

Voragh:
> "The general term for ax is {'obmaQ}. Its handle is its {DeS} and its blade
> is its {ghIt}. These words, {DeS} and {ghIt}, when referring to humanoid
> anatomy, mean 'arm' and 'open, flat hand' (as opposed to a fist [ro']),
> respectively, suggesting that at one time the ax was considered an
> extension of the warrior himself." (KGT p.63)

vaj motlh qIpbogh mupwI' jeqqIj joq 'ay'vaD <<ro'>> ponglu' 'e' vISIv.

(Not sure if that came out too clearly in the Klingon, what I intended
to say was <<Then I wonder if the usual striking part of a hammer or
a club is called a {ro'} "fist">>.  I think the {motlh} is in the
wrong place, but I didn't know where to put it.)

--
De'vID