tlhIngan-Hol Archive: Wed Dec 13 01:12:42 2000

Re: qep'a'chorghDIch = Annual international Convention of the Klingon Language Institute

jIjatlhpu' wa'Hu':
> >Na', und next im Seine nehe:
Annual international Convention of the Klingon Language Institute :
 qep'a'chorghDIch }

 < KLIP >

> > This will be held in Belgium this year.  I hope to see you there.

Ma'na sutai Usnach  ja':
> Kai,
> Can you give me any relevant info about this..we're  all living in
the
> Netherlands....

Savan!

The website has just today been updated with information
/stuff/qepa.html

   This qep'a'chorghDIch will be held in downtown Brussels. Smaller
than professional Conventions, the qep'a will last longer, and have
much more for you to do. Much more than you have experienced at any
other Star Trek event. We have games, skits, lots of stories, and
especially songs!

     What it primarily is about is learning to speak the Klingon
language. Many of us have read, and learned of it, without ever
hearing  or using it. From the most experienced speakers (not me), to
fans who are not new to Star Trek, or Klingons, but to the language.
We have found a way to learn, while having fun, and joining in our
favorite culture: KLINGON.

Not everyone has to dress as a Klingon. Those of us who are Klingon
in our hearts, know who we are.

Some of us do, wearing every part of the Imperial Uniform ** with
earned pride.

     For everyone, there will be rare T-Shirts available, flying
saucers, and many of  the KLIs' publications. Not only Hamlet (in the
original Klingon), but a special surprise awaits you early next year.
There are Poetry & Songs in past years' { jatmey }, and now new books
are in production! I just can't tell you how excited I am, and that
so many things are happening so very quickly.

     The qep'a' will begin with a semi-formal Klingon Feast. At least
one Pizza Party, and a Chocolate Maltz outing. There will also be
games that everyone will participate in, along with the many
conversations. With your friends, new & old, some of them entirely in
Klingon.

      Perhaps thereafter, you will want to host your own qepHommey
(smaller meetings), just as they are occurring all over the planet.
Be the first to host one in your { Sep } or { veng }.

   If you learn well, perhaps you will be able to assist at least one
Klingon Tourist, who I hear, has a broken Universal Translator. He
wants to see Europe, but does not know much of Federation
languages...

A schedule of events will probably be posted to the KLI website, not
long before we get there.

     Even if you have only glanced at the Klingon Dictionary (TKD)
before, you will finish this Con speaking simple everyday phrases in
ta' Hol; the Emperors' language. In Europe you may have more
experience in speaking more than one language. Here is one more, that
you can learn with pride.

Klingon is the fastest growing language in the World. Earth, Terra,
that is. Be part of a brave & bold culture.

... in Europe for 2001!

> Ma'na
> Ma'na sutai Usnach, qumwI of Tova'Daq
> http://www.tovadaq.nl/
>
> Duy'a' Martoq tuq
> (Ambassador of the House of Martok
> European Chapter Liason/Administrator)

I have seen your website;

batlh yIqonpu'.  majQa'
[SKI: You have written it with Honour.  Very well done!]

I look forward to meeting you all next Summer.

Qor'etlh valwI'na', buraD tuq,
http://members.theglobe.com/Qoretlh/
http://www.geocities.com/qoretlh/
Sogh ra'wI', Duj SIS ro', tlhIngan wo' may' yo'
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/ikbf
http://ikbf.homestead.com/
http://ikbf.fanspace.com/
qepHom 'utlhHom - Klingon Language Institute.
http://www.geocities.com/qoretlh/
qo'mey poSmoH Hol
/

chaq jIlughbe', 'ach reH Qor'etlh jIH!
I may be wrong, but I'm always Qor'etlh
Qapla' batlh je!
}};-]

PS: ** There will be authentic looking Imperial Klingon Uniforms with
headpieces, including makeup, and some that are just 'out of this
world.'

Back to archive top level